Thursday, August 1, 2013

wake up to water

As soon as I wake up, I go directly to my drinking station and have a fill of one glass to start my morning routine. This helps me regain my energy as I feel like dehydrated from my eight hours of sleep.

Now I am ready to do my morning routine: bladder break and then prepare to do my morning walk. After I get back from my exercise, I go boil some water for my coffee and get ready to have my breakfast by the window while watching my favorite news program.

I need that one or two glasses of water first thing in the morning to do all these activities or else, I might go back to sleep and not be progressive, or worse, be late for work!


It is ideal to drink water as you wake up because it directly hydrates the body. Why? Because the water is quickly transported to all parts of the body promoting good blood circulation. Thus, giving you energy right away. It also aids in detoxification. While we are asleep, our bodies get a rest from digestion, so they go to work in other areas including eliminating toxins. Drinking water first thing in the morning helps our bodies finish the job and push the toxins out by urinating. It even helps move the bowels easily, keeping me "regular".


So, make it a habit! Drink water first thing in the morning and experience the benefits it gives. It is inexpensive, widely available and naturally low in sodium and caffeine-free. Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment